BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

If Only it was Saturday, Saturday!!

(Oh how I love that song by The Rocket Summer!)

I love the weekend, and even though this weekend was far less productive than it probably should have been, it was especially enjoyable and rejuvenating. My favorite accomplishment of the weekend? Making homemade lasagna from scratch! I have a really awesome authentic sauce recipe from my mom, who got it from my grandma, who got it from some Italian guy or something. It's delicious, especially when made with real fresh ingredients like fresh garlic and parsley. Fresh onions are excellent too... but my eyes react really easily while mincing them:


The picture doesn't quite do it justice, but trust me- LOTS of watering.


It was also pretty amusing that while I was making the sauce Saturday- my roommate Emily was making Spaghettio's on the adjacent burner. The juxtaposition was amusing:



This is a photo of the partially eaten final product... the photo makes it looks nasty, but I promise it tasted like heaven:


So here's some highlights of my delightful weekend...


-Grocery shopping and playing w/ Brandt and Katey:


-Brandt letting me drive his car everywhere we went- I love driving and miss it!

-Going to Comic Frenzy (improv comedy show) w/ Katey and watching Brandt perform:

(not sure where our pics and videos of him peforming went?)

-Saturday and Sunday sessions of Stake conference

-Napping because church started and ended way earlier than usual :) , here's my roommate Emily during her nap:



-Dinner w/ roomies + Brandt + Landon:


-After Sunday dinner activities including cleaning up, playing "Big Booty", playing the "laughing game", massage/back scratch train, overall craziness and relaxation:



I have no legit explanation for this video... except maybe insanity? Enjoy ;) :




-Dessert swap w/ the boys from Delta Phi 3 and girls from Mountain Pines 308:

(pics will be added later)

All in all- you should be jealous of my weekend. I have some really amazing friends and roommates am really really grateful to have them in my life right now.

0 comments: