BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 12, 2009

You and Me Together, Workin' on Forever

It's time for me to do a little back tracking and post about some of the awesome stuff that happened while I was too busy to blog. The subject of this particular trip down memory lane? The wedding of two of my very best friends! Daniel and Elissa Larsen were married on Saturday, August 15th in the Bountiful,Utah LDS temple and I couldn't be happier for them!


Daniel and I have been really good friends since high school, and I met Elissa right when they started dating. She and I hit it off, pretty much from day one, so I was a big fan of them as a couple. That came in handy when Daniel stressed after realizing how young Elissa was. I don't think I did that much, but Elissa likes to give me credit for helping him come to his senses and not worry about it. It also came in handy when I helped Daniel plan and arrange the big proposal :) I may or may not post that complete story another day, but here are some pics from that evening:


I was given the wonderful privilege of taking their engagement photos. They turned out fabulously, and we had so much fun taking them! Here's a collage that I created with some of the photos and framed as a gift for Elissa's bridal shower. The quote is a favorite of hers.



Their wedding day came so fast (though I'm sure the wait seemed much longer for them). I was so excited for them! One might ask- what is the role of a girl who is basically best friends with both the bride and the groom? On their wedding day- it was very multifaceted. My main roles were bridesmaid, babysitter, and photographer.

The only major trickiness was how to take pictures that I needed to be in. This was solved by my wonderful brother agreeing to be my assistant for the photography outside the temple. For group shots I needed to be in, I simply set the shot up and left him to press the button. He was also a good sport about carrying my junk around.


The whole day was perfect and wonderful and full of interesting adventures. Luckily for everyone involved, Daniel and Elissa are the most chill bride and groom ever, and stressed out about absolutely nothing.

Adventure #1: Traffic

Pretty much everyone was late to the temple. (Except those who stayed the night before up in Bountiful) I rode up with Jason (friend and groomsman) and I think we were about 40 minutes late. It was bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway. We never did figure out why there were so many cars on a Saturday morning, but at one point all the lanes closed except for one, so that didn't help the situation all. Jason handled things pretty well, and I was in a chill mood- knowing there was nothing I could do about it. Things worked out. People got there, and most importantly- Daniel and Elissa got married :)

Adventure #2: Bug (this is a small one)

A large bug ended up in the train of Elissa's dress. For some reason, Pickle was the one who ended up in charge of evicting the creature from its new home. Jason and Daniel were apparently in charge of supervising. These pics are priceless.


Adventure #3: Dead Car

During the ceremony and the photo shoot we had outside the temple.... Jason left his car headlights on. When we returned to the car, it wouldn't start. fortunately, he had jumper cables, and it didn't take long for a kind family to stop and help us out. We were only a little late to the wedding luncheon.



Adventure #4: Bleeding...

While riding up to the wedding, Jason informed me that his arm was all scraped up from a long-boarding crash the previous day, and that he may end up bleeding through the sleeve of his shirt. I shared with him (from my vast depository of random knowledge) that if he bled into his shirt, the best way to remove his own blood was with his own spit. There's something about the composition of your own saliva that reacts with the composition of your blood to effectively remove it from fabric. He was impressed, and rightfully so. It's a useful thing to know.

Later that evening while taking a few couple shots before the reception started, I pinned Daniel's boutonniere on his lapel and poked my poor little thumb. We took a picture:

I wiped the blood away and proceeded with the photo shoot. I began arranging Elissa's dress when we realized I was bleeding all over the skirt!! smears and drops everywhere! So what was I to do?..... that's right...I licked it out.... all of it. I did a pretty spectacular job, if I do say so myself. I wish we had taken pictures. And in case any of you are wondering.... wedding dress does not taste very good.

The reception in Orem that evening was lovely as was the second reception they held in Idaho two weeks later. That whole weekend was spectacular and possibly deserving of its own blog post at a future date.

I love working as a photographer so much, and it doesn't get better than getting to capture treasured memories for those you love most. Here is a small sampling from the very immense collection of pictures of the various wedding festivities:




I just love Elissa and Daniel and wish them every happiness in their life together. I'm so glad we're friends!!

0 comments: