BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Scream If You Wanna Go Faster

***note- despite my better judgment, I decided to type this up directly in the blog window instead of a word processor... bad news bears. I was almost done with the post when I somehow clicked away from the page and erased everything! Ack!****


I’ve been a horrible blogger for the past couple months! My life got pretty crazy towards the end of the summer, especially with work, but with other things as well. Then I moved back up to Rexburg to go back to school, and things haven’t really slowed down. I don’t anticipate a slow down any time soon, but am going to try to make time to post regularly, regardless of my intense schedule.

I am back in Rexburg, attending BYU-Idaho, studying Art Education. Life in Idaho is fabulous, and I love it here, but I do miss Utah, specifically the people in Utah. I was able to visit over General Conference weekend, and see lots of the wonderful people I love. I’m hoping to visit again very soon and pretty regularly throughout the semester. I tend to be able to visit home quite a bit during Fall semester. For those of my Utah friends reading this, you’re always welcome to come visit me in Rexburg as well! It’s only 4 hours away :)

School takes up the majority of my time right now as is prone to be the case for college students. These are the classes I’m taking this semester:

ART 414- Secondary Art Methods 2: This is the second half of the methods class for Art Education. We cover a wide range of concepts for teaching art, particularly at the secondary ed level. In this portion we deal with a lot of curriculum development, assessment, and things of that nature. A large chunk of what we’ll be doing throughout the semester is developing our own projects that we would use in a future class, and then creating them ourselves. It’s fun for me to have so much control over what I’m creating for a class assignment. It’s been awhile since I’ve had that! I’m currently working on a project for a drawing class, using Prismacolor pencils.

ART 212R- Head Drawing: It’s what it sounds like… drawing heads. It’s way more intense than most people would think, and is very time consuming. My teacher openly admits that his class should be worth more than 3 credits based on how much he packs into it. It’s going to be so so good for me in the end, but right now it’s still kicking my trash. (This is the class responsible for my first all-nighter of the semester.)

ART 220- Ceramics I: This the first of a few ceramics classes I'll be taking. So far I'm LOVING it! Working in the clay is very therapeutic, especially for a kinesthetic learner like me. I love hands-on work. We'll see how well I do on the potter's wheel, but if I get that down, I pretty much plan to rock ceramics :)

FDREL 121- Book of Mormon Part 1: We're studying the first half of the Book of Mormon. My teacher, Ross Baron, is incredible. I love every minute of that class, and every assignment he gives us is an extraordinarily valuable and enriching experience.

ED 304- Education Psychology: I'm learning all about learning! We're learning all about how the brain and body work together during the learning process, what methods are effective, how male and female brains differ, and the list goes on. It's a brilliant class taught by a brilliant teacher.


So, that’s my schedule. Outside of school and homework, my time fills up pretty fast. I just finished my first photography assignment for a non-profit magazine called Mormon Artist. I did a photo shoot of the author, Jack Weyland for the upcoming issue. It should be released soon, so I’ll post a link for y’all to check it out. My portrait photography business is growing slowly, but surely and I enjoy it SO much. (Keep referring all your friends who need engagement, wedding, family, baby, whatever portrait photography my way :) pilmerportraits.com) I also am working as an Apartment Assistant for my complex which mostly consists of helping manage our public areas (laundry rooms, workout room, and lounge) and letting girls into their apartments when they get locked out. I’m serving as Music Coordinator/ Chorister in the Relief Society for my student ward at church. It’s a pretty chill calling and being all musical, is just delightful for me.

I know this post is rather long… but it still needs some pics! Here’s my cute little bedroom.

My bed and side of the room:

The view from my bed, including my awesome roommate Katey:

And for those of you (like my fam) who know me well, you’ll be proud to hear that my room really does get picked up and clean like that at least once a week :)

1 comments:

AmandaStretch said...

I was definitely impressed with the clean room! Way to go!