BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mama, I just want you to know...

It’s hard for me to believe it’s possible, but as I prepare to leave for 18 months, I have indeed become MORE sappy! I’m very driven by relationships and care deeply for so many people in my life. I have been blessed with many treasured friends and an incredible family- both immediate and extended. There is one person though, that I feel I should blog about this evening. If you couldn’t guess by the title… It’s my mom:

There is nobody in the whole world quite like my mother, and I love her so much! She’s an absolutely incredible woman full of light and love. She has so much patience and is such a strength to our family. Here’s a small sampling of why I love my mom and our awesome relationship!

*If we go out to eat, there’s about a 90% chance that we’ll order the exact same thing or even split an order.

*She’s probably the reason I listen to country music. (She listened to it in the car, when we ran errands together when I was little.) We have so much fun when we go to country concerts together! (Especially Collin Raye, Tracy Byrd, or Little Texas)

*She’s a great shopping companion.

*She’s always willing to help me with a sewing project, and loves me to help her with craft projects. We make a fabulous team.

*We love BYU football, and are more passionate Cougar fans than anyone else in our family.

*She’s always been a mom first, and a friend second- laying down the law when it was needed. I believe that to be a key reason why we can now be such great friends and have such a healthy relationship.

*She’s always been so respectful and supportive of my choices and my dreams.

*Her love is unconditional.

*She lives her testimony of the gospel and is an amazing example of faith and strength.

*She’s a great cook and a great source of practical kitchen advice. (And she always willing to email a recipe to me or answer cooking questions over the phone.)

*She’s one of my favoritest people to talk to in the whole wide world. Whether I want to chat about nonsense, vent about a boy, or talk through something serious, she’s always there with a willing ear and usually the right thing to say.

*She has mommy magic, and also she just might know everything.

*Having served a mission herself, she has been such a support and help as I prepare to serve. I honestly don’t know how I could have handled all the logistics of mission prep without her and her awesome support.

This list could go on for quite awhile, but since I need to get to bed I’ll end it here for now. Just know that my mom is a hero to me and represents so much of who I want to be. I told my brother earlier tonight, “If I can be half the mommy that Mommy is, I’ll be a good mommy. “ His response? “Truth.”

I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!!

And nobody says it quite like Boyz II Men, so please enjoy:





3 comments:

AmandaStretch said...

Hey. I'm a passionate Cougar fan too, just from afar. :)

But yeah, our mom pretty much rocks.

John Pilmer said...

Your mom--my wife. She is awesome. I've been fortunate to be with her longer than I've been on the earth without. Thanks Diane for 26 great years and awesome, rockin' offspring - Amanda, Justin, Em

Anonymous said...

It will be great to watch BYU Cougars, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/BYU_Cougars-tickets looking forward to it.