BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

You Can Turn Off the Sun, But I'm Still Gonna Shine!

I caught up on reading my friends’ blogs this afternoon, and am relieved to know I’m not the only one who didn’t post enough (or at all) over the holidays. Between finishing up school, enjoying the holidays, and preparing to leave on my mission… blogging just took a backseat for the last couple of months. I’m still alive though and doing fabulously! I have a goal of posting at least every other day until I leave on my mission. (more if I can manage it) In two weeks though, I enter the Missionary Training Center! Crazy huh? It’s coming so fast! I am incredibly excited!

So finishing up school was quite the adventure… especially the last 24 hours I spent Rexburg. The Thursday afternoon before I returned home to Utah (Friday afternoon), I had finally finished all my finals (which were all projects, no exams). Brandt came over to hang out with Emily, Katy, and me to say goodbyes and play for a little bit.



We were having a grand time, and taking lots of pics, when suddenly the power went out. We already had the camera out, so Brandt and I pretended to be scared.


My friend in the dorms said that there were tons of little freshman girls actually scared… screaming freshman girls in the dark… I’m really glad I wasn’t there. We were a little confused, but one of my roommates’ mom called the power company, and discovered that an entire substation had gone down. The power was out across several towns. So we spent the next while creating our own power outage fun. We tested our cell phones to see whose light was the brightest:


We frolicked in the icy parking lot and went for a drive:


Then Brandt went home, and it was just Emily and I hanging out. I realized I might be in for a cold night considering all my blankets and bedding were in Utah. Justin came up Tuesday night and took all my stuff back with him. All I had for bedding was my little bean pillow and my new pink snuggie… Emily took pity on me and we decided to drag our top mattresses into the living room for a power outage sleepover. We used Emily’s awesome comforter and slept warmly with our matching bean pillows. The power did come on in the middle of the night, but we had fun in the meantime. We enjoyed some fun girl talk, and of course Oreos!


Even if my schedule for White Glove cleaning and wrapping everything up in Rexburg got set back because of the power outage… It was a fun adventure. Thanks to my awesome roomies and friends for making it so fun!

0 comments: