BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hooray for Pizza Day!



(Before I begin my actual post I'd also like to add a hooray for the Aquabats and their brilliant songs including Pizza Day)

Weekend before last, I came in from mowing the lawn on a Saturday afternoon- hot, sweaty, and hungry. It was a fairly chill day for me, so I had time to make something, but not a lot of energy after all that yard work. It was about time for a trip to the grocery store, so the cupboards and fridge were a little lacking in easy prep food.
I first found some leftover shredded mozzarella, and thought it would be yummy melted on a tortilla. We usually keep tortillas on hand, but being so close to grocery day- we were out! I was bummed, but soon decided to let my creative juices flow and put together an easy tasty meal. I hunted around the kitchen some more and found the following:


-1 & 1/2 leftover hamburger buns
-a jar of spaghetti sauce
-a handful of shredded mozzarella
-a slice of ham


Here's what I made:



Yummy little mini-pizzas: Lightly toast the hamburger buns, spread sauce, add cheese and toppings, then bake on a cookie sheet (around 375) until cheese is melted. Perfect!


1 comments:

duckiethemonkey said...

Aquabats are Amazing. Especially that song. Good Pick.